This post is the fifth in a series of 10 instagram-based giveaways devised to promote our fellow business owners, as well as to give us a chance to say THANK YOU to all the people who support Skinny laMinx on social media all year long.
A huge thank you to Ballo, who has sponsored today’s super-chic prize (details at the end).
Ballo is an ethical fashion brand, established by Alistair Barnes in 2013, when he began producing handmade eyewear from recycled and upcycled materials, using offcuts of wood, cork, African wax fabrics, recycled paper, horn, hemp and linen in their handmade spectacle frames. High quality, sustainably-sourced materials and zero waste production are core business goals, as is the desire to create employment and to develop peoples’ skills.
More recently, Ballo began producing small runs of clothing from end-of-roll interior design fabrics, and also launched a help and linen fashion sub-brand, called the Ballo Beach Club.
The Ballo HappyThanks Giveaway
We’re super happy to have a pair of Ballo handmade sunglasses to give away! The Olive / Shweshwe / Grey Polarized are made from fabric offcuts, wood offcuts, recycled paper, cork, bio-resin, spring hinges and polarized lenses, and are made using 23 processes, all done by hand in Woodstock, Cape Town.
How to enter
- Follow @skinnylaminx on instagram
- Follow @balloct on Instagram
- Like the post about the Ballo giveaway at @skinnylaminx, and leave a comment, tagging a friend.
Competition terms and conditions
- This giveaway closes at midnight (Cape Town Time) on 18 November 2018.
- The winner will be chosen by means of a random generator app, and will be informed via Instagram DM