If you follow us on Instagram, you’ll have seen our adorable weekend stall at the Oranjezicht City Farm (OZCF) market in Granger Bay (see some pics below, featuring our lovely Sizwe). We love doing this market, partly because the founder, Sheryl Ozinsky, has such a warm and generous presence, and her attitude seems to pervade the entire space..
Although the market only runs on Saturdays and Sundays, it’s a full time, all-encompassing job for Sheryl, but she’s unfailingly enthusiastic and energetic, so we wanted to know more about what it is about her work that she really enjoys, and how she’d view a seriously good day at work:
- I love seeing our team getting inspired to create breathtaking displays with the fruit and veg;
- We have DJ’s playing music, because we all dance, no matter what age;
- Seeing fellow team members reaching their potential, becoming more fully who they are, confident and happier;
- When customers want to know more about eating real food, and when they relate stories of what they cooked up with their market ingredients;
- Our entrepreneurial stallholders amaze me with their talent and I love seeing them being appreciated by customers;
- When overseas visitors to the market bring me greetings from someone I know.
Want to spread good vibes like Sheryl does? Pick up a Seriously, Have a Good Day shopper bag at the OZCF Market every Saturday and Sunday, or find them online. 20% of each sale goes to the Breakfast Club feeding scheme.