I’ve been finding myself slightly reluctant to blog lately. This is partly because my To Do list is so insane, and partly because there’s just so much news, and not much of it has pretty pictures associated, so all I could imagine posting was a long bulletted list, which sounded kind of boring. Then, I made this image, and suddenly I knew it was time to blog:
This abstract expressionist piece is the rough layout of the floorplan of my new showroom. Which brings me to the first bulletpoint of my bulletpointed list:
- In exactly one month, I’ll be opening a Skinny laMinx showroom inside the Silk & Cotton Showroom in Greenpoint. Eek! Exiting! Lots to organise!
- Before my studio showroom closes, my studiomates and I will be having an Open Studio on 13 November;
- My studio is full of busy people these days: Robyn’s keeping tabs on wholesale orders, Misha is our can-do intern, and brand new to Team Skinny is Pearl, who is bringing some long-overdue business brains to Skinny laMinx. I just sit around and drink tea, feeling grateful;
- My fabric woes are over, and my new tea towel range is about to return to the shelves, both analogue and virtual;
- I have new, Chrismassy things nearly ready to launch;
- At this point in the list of bullets, I should have another pretty pic to stop it being boring, but I don’t, so it’s time to call the news to close.
I promise that all these points will be expanded upon in interesting ways very soon, both here at the blog, and in those rare occurances I call newsletters. Sign up in the left hand sidebar.